I am honored and excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the beautiful Bet over at Life According to Bet.
I often wonder if anyone ever even sees my blog, so to know people are seeing it and enjoying it, well, I’m just over the moon. I can’t thank you enough, Bet!
The Liebster Award is for new and smaller blogs to help them gain recognition within the blogging community. Each nominee then nominates 10 other blogs, so the award system creates a chain of great blogs for bloggers and blog lovers to check out. So here goes. . .
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions you are asked
- Nominate 10 new bloggers
- Ask 11 new questions
My questions from Bet
- What is a quote which you live by? – I have so many favorite quotes, but the one I try most to live by is from the Dalai Lama. We must never underestimate the power of kindess. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.”
- The food which you can’t live without? – Hmm. . .bacon? I do love bacon. Also, home grown tomatoes.
- If you had to live without two beauty products, what would the be? I never use primer, so I could definitely live without that. I probably could live without mascara also, as long as I have eyeliner still.
- TV series which you would recommend? I love Death in Paradise, also Midsomer Murders, Murdoch Mysteries and Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries (all on Netflix in the U.S.)
- Are you a morning or a night person and why? I’m really sort of a 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.kind of gal. Is that a thing?
- Your dream travel destination. Anyway warm and tropical.
- The nail polish color which suits you most? One of my favorites is from Butter London, called Tart with a Heart.
- The item which you can’t live without? Probably my crystals and my wedding ring. I know, that’s two things. Sorry.
- Your favorite cuisine? Being from the (American) South I guess I’d have to say just good ole southern favorites like fried chicken and biscuits and gravy, although I do love Indian cuisine, French and Italian as well.
- Favorite way for you to chill out and relax? I’ve been trying to meditate some and I just started doing yoga, but I guess really my favorite way to chill out is just snuggling with my husband watching TV.
My blog nominees
- Jessica and Magnolia at Society of Moss and Lace
- Mary King at Orb of the Night
- Zeinab at ZeinabK
- Gigi at It’s a Sparkly Life
- Caitlyn at The Mrs Everything
- Melissa at The House of Plaidfuzz
- Jessica at This Season’s Gold
- Bri at The Hoodwitch
- Nicole at Life on Barrymore
- The Unwed Housewife
Some of the above nominees are folks I know personally and some are new blogs to me, but all have great content that I thoroughly enjoy. Congratulations blogger babes!
My questions for the nominees
- What is your favorite childhood book or story?
- What book(s) have you read lately that you love?
- Tell me about the best meal you ever ate.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is the most useful tool for you in your spiritual life?
- What household item can you not live without?
- What is your guilty pleasure song?
- What are some of your favorite non-blog websites?
- What is your favorite social media site?
- If you could meet any historical figure who would that be?
- Do you like glitter?
I’m looking forward to reading your responses. Love to you all! And thanks again to Bet for nominating me!